There are many hyped shopping days when we think we’re getting the best deals. Some of us wait all year for Black Friday and Cyber Monday – usually looking forward to them with a mix of excitement and dread. Excitement because we are giddy with the promise of scoring the best price on a new TV, smart home device, or phone. Dread because we’re not entirely sure if we’re getting fooled by prices that are masquerading as fantastic deals.
Retailers typically offer their greatest deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but they have also been known to mark-up prices leading up to these days to make you feel like you are getting a better deal than you actually are. With a variety of deals being offered by all kinds of different retailers, it can often be impossible to figure out who has the best price.
How do you know if it is worth wasting time fighting through crowded stores or getting up at the crack of dawn unnecessarily to buy online before a hot product is sold out? Is that TV you’ve been dreaming about a truly not-to-be-missed deal? With the huge amount of choices today, how is a shopper to know?
We’re here to help.
Here are some tips to lessen the frustration and increase the excitement and fun of deal shopping.
- Shop around. Gone are the days when shoppers lined up in the cold at a retail store to get a crazy deal. There is so much more choice today across traditional stores and online retailers that you shouldn’t wait until Black Friday thinking you’ll jump on a last-minute deal. Do some research and decide what you want to buy early in the month and then shop around – that way you’re armed with knowledge about products and pricing and won’t panic.
- Keep an eye out for deals. Don’t be seduced by the flashy ads or overly hyped sales banners. Always wonder if it is actually a great deal. With so many sales, price comparison shopping can be really tough in the lead up to the holidays but comparing prices is critical to finding the best price. Shopbrain’s price comparison engine makes it easy to search over a billion products and retailers instantly to get you the best price right when you’re shopping for a product.
- Use a Price Tracker. The traditional days have evolved from 24-hour shopping events into a month-long shopping extravaganza with thousands of deals appearing throughout the entire month of November. Shopbrain’s price tracker monitors prices to predict if prices will go up or down in the next 10 days. A price tracker takes the guesswork out of knowing when to buy so you can shop online this Black Friday or Cyber Monday with confidence knowing you are really getting the best price.
- Check out deals of the day. Retailers often offer deals that last just one day and offer big savings. Shopbrain’s mobile app (available on iOS and Android) compiles all the daily deals from major retailers conveniently in one app so you don’t have to go site to site looking for them. Another suggestion is to check Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for your favorite retailers to find out about their deals and promotions. Retailers will often reward customers who like or follow them and then you can share social media posts with your friends to help them save big too.
- Check ratings and read reviews. If you’re shopping for something specific or if you want help to decide what brand to buy, don’t forget to read ratings and reviews. With so many choices, the more you know, the easier it is to choose and buy with confidence. If your not sure which review sites to start with, this article will help – Top 10 Product Review Site
Shopbrain makes all of these Black Friday and Cyber Monday tips quick and easy to do. With unbiased search results, we give you all the information you need in one place. No more searching endlessly for deals, we will search across billions of products and stores for you. We do all the work so price comparison shopping is easy and even fun.
It’s easy to get distracted and buy on impulse, but the best way not to overspend is to decide what you want and stay focused. Shopbrain can help with this too – we work so fast – we’ll help you decide on a product and then find the best price instantly. You’ll thank us in January.