Who we are:
Shopbrain is operated by Yroo (Ireland) Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of Ireland with our registered office at Unit K Digital Court, Rainsford Street, The Digital Hub, Dublin 8, Ireland, (“Shopbrain”, “we” “our” or “us”). We own and operate the shopbrain.com website, mobile applications and browser add-ons/extensions (the “Website”) including any updates or new versions of the Website and other online services we provide (the “Services”).
Your privacy and the appropriate handling of your personal data are important to us. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to outline the types of information that may be collected from you when visiting the Website, how that information may be used and disclosed, and how you can access, correct and update the information.
Any personal data which we receive from you is treated with high standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, Data Protection Act 2018 and any other applicable data protection laws (together, the ‘Data Protection Laws’).
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites that are not governed by this Privacy Statement. Although we endeavour to only link to websites that share our commitment to your privacy, please be aware that this Privacy Statement will no longer apply once you leave our Website. We are not responsible for the content, data protection or privacy practices of other websites. Please closely examine the privacy policies of third-party websites to learn how they collect, use and disclose your personal data.
The Website and Services are not directed toward, nor intended for, individuals under the age of 18. Individuals under the age of 18 should not access or use the Website and/or Services, or provide any personal data to us. We do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18. Parents and/or legal guardians of children under the age of 18 who believe their child has registered and/or provided any personal data should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete and remove any such personal data.
Cookies and use of technical information:
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information you provide us by filling in forms on our Website, including feedback and contact forms. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Website.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access (such as the products or services you view or purchase). We may record the ads you see and the number of times you view them. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not personally identify you.
4. We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not personally identify you.
6. We sometimes host contests. We will collect personal data as explained in the contest rules.
If you volunteer your details to us, we may use the details you have given us, together with details of how you use our Website as follows:
1. to respond to your queries and requests, and to communicate with you;
2. to manage and improve our Services and the Website;
3. to notify you of changes to our Services, the Website, our Privacy Statement and/or any of our other published notices and terms and conditions;
4. if you have consented, to provide you with newsletters and/or promotional materials as set out in this Privacy Statement;
5. if applicable, to facilitate your participation in surveys you may wish to partake, or in a promotion, contest, sweepstake or poll (“Promotion”);
6. to target advertisements to make the Website and/or Services more personal and useful to you;
7. to understand statistical data about user browsing actions and patterns, which does not personally identify you; and
8. to communicate with you about new products, services, offerings or other information we reasonably believe may be useful to you.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that Affiliate Stores, and other parties that disclose your personal data to us, have first obtained your consent to do so. If you believe that a third party has inappropriately disclosed your personal data to us, please contact that third party directly. If the third party does not sufficiently respond to your inquiries, please let us know immediately, using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
Where we store your personal data:
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one or more of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing. We will take steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Disclosure of your information:
We may share your personal data with third parties, as approved by you and/or as described in this Privacy Statement.
Your personal data may be disclosed to service providers and/or third-party contractors who we work with and/or engage to help us operate our business, the Website and/or the Services.
Information that cannot be used to reasonably identify an individual (“Anonymous Information”) may be used in aggregate form, combined with other users’ Anonymous Information, and shared with third parties.
Your personal data may be disclosed publicly and/or to third parties where you enter a Promotion. This will be advised to you in the Promotion rules prior to or at the time of entry. Upon participation in any Promotion, you are subject to any official rules, terms and conditions of that Promotion.
Your personal data may be shared with licensors of the Website and/or Services, such as when you access or login to the Website through a social media service or connect our Services to a social media service, or when you visit an advert that appears on the Website. Our advertising partners serve adverts on the Website, further details of which are provided in our Cookies Policy. This Privacy Statement does not cover the data protection and privacy policies or practices of third parties. If you provide a third party any personal data Shopbrain is not responsible for correcting, updating or removing any of your personal data contained in any third-party’s lists or databases.
Any information that you share and make publicly available on the Website may be made available to all users and third parties who access the Website. We are not responsible for any information that you share, and your use of the Website and/or Services constitutes your acceptance of any risk involved in your disclosure of such information.
By using the Website, you acknowledge and agree that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send using the Website may be read or intercepted by others.
Requests regarding data supplied via the Website
On request, we supply copies of your personal data which you may have supplied via the Website. If you wish to obtain such copies, you must write to us at our postal address provided below and include any personal identifiers which you supplied earlier via the Website (e.g. username and e-mail address). We will also require your full name and residential address in the circumstances. We reserve the right to charge a statutory fee, as permitted under the Data Protection Laws.
If you discover that we hold inaccurate information about you, you can request us to correct that information. These requests must be in writing and sent to us at our postal address provided below, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
In certain circumstances you may also request that data which you have supplied via the Website be deleted.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, the features of our Website, or advances in technology. Please check this page periodically for changes. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the updated Privacy Statement here and notify our registered users by email or by means of a notice. Save for urgent changes (such as those required by law) we will post such a notice on our Website prior to the changes becoming effective. Please review the changes carefully. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you consent to and accept those changes. If you do not consent to such changes you can stop using the Website.
If you have any questions, requests or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement please contact us using the following information:
Postal address: Yroo (Ireland) Limited, Unit K Digital Court, Rainsford Street, The Digital Hub, Dublin 8, Ireland
Last modified: 18 January 2019